Saturday, April 10, 2010

BIGBY species #91 and #92 for 2010

I saw a Ruby-crowned Kinglet yesterday on the Indiana University Cross Country course. BIGBY species #91 for 2010.

And I ran across a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher this AM on the IU XC course. It was flitting around the edge of a thick stand of bush honeysuckles, which are almost fully leafed-out now. I believe this is the earliest in the year I've ever seen one. BIGBY species #92 for the year. If I get 8 more species on or before April 28 I will have set a new personal record for earliest date to reach 100 walking BIGBY species. I think it's do-able.

I had a life first at the feeders a little bit ago. I had a Red-winged Blackbird clinging to one of my feeders, eating bird feed. I'm pretty sure I've never had a RWBL on a hanging feeder in my yard before. (If you're curious, here's what the feeder looks like: http://bit.ly/9tvCee).

Still quite a few Dark-eyed Juncos around. Seems like I see two or three under the feeders every time I look out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment