Monday, January 3, 2011

Did you do a Big Green Big Year (BIGBY) in 2010?

Just wondering how other BIGBY (green birding) folks fared in 2010?  I'm going to do a more detailed overview of my year in a week or so, but I thought I'd do a quick summary for now. (What's a BIGBY? See: http://bit.ly/fEdion).

I had several BIGBY lists going in 2010. From January through July I lived in Bloomington, Indiana. I had 152 species on that list. From August through December I lived in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I had 193 species on that BIGBY list. And then I kept a "combo" BIGBY list for all of 2010. After accounting for the overlap between my Indiana and Wisconsin BIGBY lists, I came up with a total of 232 BIGBY species for the calendar year. (For the record, I did a walking BIGBY in 2010, counting only the species I encountered while walking from home).

If you did a BIGBY in 2010, how did it go?

No comments:

Post a Comment